The Taste of Now is a two-part program that brings consciousness to all aspects of food and eating. It’s about how, where, when, and why you eat – designed to set you free from the struggle with food and excess weight. It offers a detailed approach to the process of mindful eating, allowing you the freedom to eat what you enjoy, and enjoy what you eat, and lose weight. Imagine!
The Taste is a healthier, sustainable alternative to dieting. It’s based on ten points covered in a 24-page workbook that speaks to each point and provides reflective questions and Healthy Habit Suggestions for each.
Learn how to:
- identify the beliefs that drive your behavior
- understand, and end, emotional eating
- bring consciousness to all aspects of food and eating
- feel powerful versus powerless around food
- handle cravings in a healthy way
- listen to your body and trust yourself
- stop the cycle and corresponding judgment of “I’m good…I’m bad.”
- lose weight in a healthy and sustainable way
The Taste of Now
Presented by: Claudette Pelletier-Hannah
February 3 and February 10, 2011
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm
Heritage Lounge, Athabasca Hall
Come for The Taste. It will change the way you feel about food and the way you eat it. Now it’s just food. You are in charge.
This program is intended for faculty and staff. To register, at no cost to you, visit the Learning Shop at www.learningshop.ualberta.ca. Participants must attend both sessions. Questions regarding this program may be directed to Health Promotion and WorkLife Services at email@example.com.